Emory Buddhist Club - Thursday night meditation continues!

Hsu, Emory emory.hsu at emory.edu
Mon Apr 21 18:19:04 PDT 2014

We have finished for the semester with our on-campus Thursday night meetings, but don't despair, there is a free Introduction to Zen Buddhism course starting this Thursday each week that goes through June 25th, at 6:30pm at Dharma Jewel Monastery. If you need a ride on Thursday, email me.

Also, if anyone wants a ride to these weekly events for the rest of the semester and summer, just contact me as well:

Tuesdays:

Medicine Buddha Service, 6:30pm; Public Teaching, 7:30pm, at Drepung Loseling Monastery

Wednesdays:

Meditation Session at Atlanta Soto Zen Center, 7:30pm

Meditation Session at Georgia Meditation Center, 7pm

Thursdays:

Beginner's Chan Meditation and Fundamentals of Buddhism at Dharma Jewel Monastery, 6:30pm

Sundays:

Meditation at Drepung Loseling Monastery, 11am

Here are some Special Events (not a comprehensive list) around town (free unless otherwise noted):

Wat Thammarangsey | April 26 - 27 |  Cambodian Festival  -- Khmer

Dharma Jewel Monastery  | May 4 | Buddha's Birthday  -- Chinese

Wat Lao Photisaram | May 10-11 | Laotian Festival  -- Lao

Wat Buddha Bucha | May 11 | Vesak (Buddha's Birthday)  -- Thai

Tu Vien Truc Lam | May 11 | Buddha's Birthday  -- Vietnamese

Wat Lao Buddhamoongcoon | May 11 | Vesak (Buddha's Birthday)  -- Lao

Wat Lao Budda Sattha Dhamma | May 17 | Laotian Festival -- Lao

Kim Cang Monastery | May 18 | Buddha's Birthday -- Vietnamese

Georgia Buddhist Vihara | May 18 | Vesak (Buddha's Birthday) -- Sri Lankan

Atlanta Soto Zen Center | May 31 | Newcomer's Retreat  -- $25

Minh Dang Quang Meditation Center | May 31 - June 8 | Jade Buddha Festival -- Vietnamese

Dharma Jewel Monastery | June 22 | Medicine Buddha Ceremony -- Chinese

May you all have a wonderful end of the spring semester!