Emory Buddhist Club - Meditation Retreat Mar 1 & 2, and other local events

Hsu, Emory emory.hsu at emory.edu
Fri Feb 14 13:59:42 PST 2014

The Georgia Meditation Center (which practices a form of Thai Buddhism) is extending an invite to their meditation retreat 3/1 and 3/2 with a guest British monk (flying in from England!) - if you are interested in going and want a ride, please email me. For more information, see details at the bottom of the email.

Also, FYI - Buddhist holiday! Magha Puja Day (Sangha Day) is being celebrated this weekend (most on Feb 16) at the following Theravada Buddhist temples around town:

Ratana Viman Yeiktha Monastery, 7271 Asbury Dr, Lithonia GA 30058 [Burmese]
Wat Trairatanaram, 5330 Riverdale Rd, College Park GA 30349 [Cambodian]
Atlanta Buddhist Temple, 3798 S Rockbridge Rd, Stone Mountain GA 30087 [Cambodian]
Wat Khmer Georgia, 6533 Rock Springs Rd, Lithonia GA 30058 [Cambodian]
Wat Buddha Moongcoon, 2325 Hillside Rd, Riverdale GA 30296 [Lao]
Wat Buddha Phothisaram, 4433 E Conley Rd, Conley GA 30288 [Lao]
Wat Buddha Khanti, 4052 Zoar Church Rd, Lithonia GA 30058 [Lao]
Georgia Buddhist Vihara, 3153 Miller Rd, Lithonia GA 30038 [Sinhalese / Sri Lankan]
Wat Buddha Bucha, 3094 Rainbow Dr, Decatur GA 30034 [Thai]
Dhammakaya Center of Georgia, 4522 Tilly Mill Rd, Atlanta GA 30075 [Thai]

-----

We are excited to host this retreat with a top Meditation Teacher, Venerable Nicholas Thannissaro. Venerable Nicholas conducts meditation research for Oxford College, and has a show called Meditation For All, he truly is a gift of inspiration on the importance of daily practice of meditation and the cultivation of the mind. More than anything, Venerable Nicholas is truly knowledgeable and has so much wisdom, everyone who attends will surely be inspired and will learn why meditation is so important to our lives. It is something we should aim to do every day! We are flying him in from Manchester, London to conduct this retreat.
[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/4sbAJ2k8pyG2nTZ_x3m9WgyfJ051rNAfHgrMuSADt14B1ZdVQKUFTD4iOrFi2olL2IkS6Yz_VlAG-2sy4mRRzJOx1sKnsLSwZLOdOqtx5pYX1mh3BpsI2aLwjA]

The Georgia Meditation Center will be hosting a 2 Day Meditation Retreat on March 1st and 2nd, with Venerable Nicholas Thannissaro. This retreat introduces meditation skills and their application in working constructively with negative emotions including anger, obsession, delusion, stinginess, arrogance, dissatisfaction and blindness to virtue.

Venerable Nicholas Thanissaro MA, BSc., PGCE is a Buddhist monk of UK origin. He has been a monk for fifteen years and has over twenty years of meditation experience. He has been giving popular mediation courses in Europe since 1997 and has several TV guest spots, audio CD's, books, book translations and academic articles to his name.

Please feel free to pass this onto anyone who is on a path to spiritual development and mindful awareness. This is sure to be a profound experience for us all! We are very excited to have Venerable Nicholas Thannissaro conduct a retreat at our center.

www.meditationcircle.org<http://www.meditationcircle.org/>

[http://www.meditationcircle.org/beeimage/gmcfb.jpg]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Georgia-Meditation-Center-Dhammakaya-International/438738885264>[http://www.meditationcircle.org/beeimage/gmcb.jpg]<http://georgiameditationcircle.blogspot.com/>[http://www.meditationcircle.org/beeimage/gmctwit.jpg]<https://twitter.com/gmcmeditate>

"May everyone be happy. May everyone be free from misery. May no one ever be separated from their happiness. May everyone have equanimity, free from hatred and attachment."