Emory Buddhist Club - This week's events!

Hsu, Emory emory.hsu at emory.edu
Tue Nov 18 04:16:25 PST 2014

Please note, this Thursday is OFF-CAMPUS, see below for details. Email me if any questions!

Tuesday, 11/18, 4:00-5:30 pm, PAIS 230:
The Necessity for Compassion, Ethics for a Whole World. Dialogue on human flourishing with Geshe Yeshe Thabkhe and Dr. Corey Keyes is tonight! Geshe Yeshe Thabkhe, Professor Emeritus of the Central University for Tibetan Studies in Varanasi, India, is an authority on the Tibetan Buddhist view of the role compassion plays in creating a fulfilling life. (not hosted by our club, but definitely relevant!)

Thursday, 11/20 -- field trip!
Instead of meeting in Cannon Chapel, we have been invited to a special session just for us at the Atlanta Soto Zen Center (off Briarcliff and Clifton). If you are driving, meet us there at 6pm at 1167C Zonolite Place, Atlanta, GA 30306. If you need a ride, please meet at 5:45 at the Dowman Drive entrance of White Hall and our club president Aakash will drive, or email me for pick-up at other locations. Email RSVP is appreciated to ensure we don't miss you for the carpool.

Sunday 11/23, 9:30am-12:30pm, Dharma Jewel Monastery
Field Trip to Guan Yin Blessing Ceremony, bilingual (English/Chinese) Dharma talk, and free vegetarian lunch. Need a ride? Let me know.
觀音祈福法會, 中台禪寺 - 法 寶 寺