Emory Buddhist Club - Thursday at 6pm and other events

Hsu, Emory emory.hsu at emory.edu
Wed Sep 17 19:09:44 PDT 2014

Emory Buddhist Club tomorrow (Thursday) at 6pm in Cannon Chapel room 106
Speaker: Michael Elliston of Atlanta Soto Zen Center

Our teacher has provided us material to review, please download it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6crc2u4equsya6/HowZazen%20Works.doc?dl=0

Below are other upcoming Events of Interest:

* Monday September 22, 7:30pm in Canon Chapel (Main Hall): Meditation in Buddhism, a talk by Phakchok Rinpoche, a visiting young and dynamic Buddhist teacher
Free Admission, Open to All, Light Refreshments Provided

* Half-Day Chan (Zen) Meditation Retreat
Sunday September 21, with free lunch
Dharma Jewel Zen Monastery, Atlanta GA
For a ride, please contact me, otherwise register in advance with the temple

* Three-Day Vipassana Meditation Retreat
September 19 - 21 with visiting monk Bhante Khippapanno
Translated in English and Vietnamese.
Kim Cang Monastery, 4771 Browns Mill Rd, Lithonia GA 30038, www.KimCang.com
For a ride, please contact me, otherwise please register in advance if staying overnight.

* Traditions in Dialogue - Cutting the Fetters to Compassion
Emory University Graduate Meditation Club (GMC) and Drepung Loseling Monastery are hosting a public dialogue between Zen Buddhist monastic teacher, Jogen Salzberg, and Drepung Loseling resident teacher, Geshe Dadul Namgyal, to look at how we can work on our mistaken views of self and learn to nurture the seeds of compassion within us.
Thursday, September 25th from 7:15-8:15 pm
Drepung Loseling Monastery, 1781 Dresden Drive; Atlanta, GA 30319
For more info, contact: Jordan Kohn at jnkohn at emory.edu

* Pchhum Ben (Cambodian Festival)
September 20 and 21
Wat Trairatanaram Temple, 5530 Riverdale Rd, College Park GA 30349