Emory Buddhist Club - Weekly Guided Meditation on Thursday

Hsu, Emory emory.hsu at emory.edu
Wed Apr 15 18:34:19 PDT 2015

Weekly Meditation and Discussion

Thursday April 16 at 6pm
Cannon Chapel room 106, Main Campus

Emory Buddhist Club: Our last regular meeting for the semester, so come out tomorrow at 6pm in Cannon Chapel basement. This week our teacher is Venerable Thich Tinh Hanh from Chùa Từ Quang, representing a Vietnamese Mahayana tradition. It's his first time here, welcome!

Also, this weekend, there's ppl going to a Meditation Retreat  at Georgia Buddhist Vihara on Saturday, and to the Burmese New Year Festival  on Sunday, let us know if you want a ride.

Stay tuned to our emails or subscribe to our Google Calendar for events during finals period, Maymester, and summer!
 [cid:6ec92ee7-5670-4947-b767-f33a3a3ecfa5]

A few off-campus events  - need more info or a ride? Email me!

  *   Saturday April 18: Vipassana Meditation Retreat (in English), 7:30am – 5pm, at Georgia Buddhist Vihara. This is open to everyone, beginners as well as advanced practitioners. All are welcome! No charge.
  *   Sunday April 19: Thingyan Burmese New Year Water Festival, 11am – 5pm, by Myanmar Buddhist Association of Georgia and Ratana Viman Monastery, at Milan Park in Clarkston GA
  *   Weekend April 18- 19: Cambodian New Year Festival, at Atlanta Buddhist Temple (Stone Mountain)
  *   Weekend April 18 – 19: Laotian New Year Festival, at Wat Lao Buddha Khanti (Snellville)
  *   Sunday April 19, 9:30am – 12pm, Meditation Retreat at Dharma Jewel Monastery, prior attendance at one of our classes or pre-registration required. Free.
  *   Tuesdays at 6:30pm starting April 14 in English, Saturdays at 10am starting April 18 in Chinese,  11-week Beginner's Meditation and Buddhism class, free, at Dharma Jewel Monastery
 For more events, subscribe to our Google-Calendar on our website, BuddhistClub.org