Emory Buddhist Club - Weekly Gathering Reminder

Hsu, Emory emory.hsu at emory.edu
Tue Apr 21 13:15:25 PDT 2015

Emory Buddhist Club

Weekly Guided Meditation and Discussion

Thursday, April 23, 6pm-7pm in Cannon Chapel Room 106 as usual.

Good news: Originally we had only scheduled our semester up until last week with meditation led by Buddhist clergy members; however, due to popular demand, we will continue to meet for the rest of the month! This week we will have our own Bill Florian who will lead meditation using teachings from Venerable Thubten Chodron's Guided Meditations on the Stages of the Path. Come out and join us!

Also, if anyone needs a ride to Dharma Jewel Monastery's beginner meditation and Buddhism class tonight (Tuesday leaving at 6pm), let me know!
 [cid:c32cb52c-9952-45a1-aae5-996b3453d7f0]
Off-campus special events
need more info or a ride? Email me!
Compassion and Action:
The Importance of Compassion for Individual Happiness,
Social Justice Work, and Education
A Special Talk with Mr. Richard Moore
Founder and Executive Director, Children in Crossfire

Thursday, April 23, 2015 * 7:00-8:00 pm at Drepung Loseling Monastery
Free and Open to the Public
Online pre-registration due to limited seating. Seats will be made available to non-registered attendees 10 minutes before the talk begins. Sponsored by Life University's Center for Compassion, Integrity and Secular Ethics, Emory University's Cognitively-Based Compassion Training Program and Drepung Loseling Monastery, Inc.

  *   Weekend April 25-26, Cambodian New Year Festival, at Sovannkiri Buddhist Temple (Snellville)
  *   Sunday April 26, Cambodian New Year Festival, at Wat Thammarangsey (College Park)
  *   Weekend April 25 - 26, special events in Chinese, Atlanta Buddhism Association (Norcross)
  *   Tuesdays at 6:30pm starting April 14 in English, Saturdays at 10am starting April 18 in Chinese,  11-week Beginner's Meditation and Buddhism class, free, at Dharma Jewel Monastery
 For more events, subscribe to our Google-Calendar on our website, BuddhistClub.org