Emory Buddhist Club - Weekly reminder

Hsu, Emory emory.hsu at emory.edu
Tue Aug 11 06:13:01 PDT 2015

Emory Buddhist Club
 Thursday August 13, 6 pm, Cannon Chapel room 106

Come join us 8/13 @ 6pm in Cannon Chapel basement for meditation, discussion, and tea. Our leader this week is Bill Florian from Emory's Cognitively-Based Compassion Training program. Everyone is welcome!
 [cid:ff718030-d98b-4ce6-9948-b4505db8093d]
If you wish to donate to help victims of the typhoon last week in Myanmar (Burma), you can mail your donation to the Myanmar Buddhist Association of Georgia at 4415 Union Church Rd, McDonough GA 30252 who will send it to local relief groups in Burma; or visit them during their Myetta Day Celebration on Sunday 8/16, or bring your donation and we can send it for you.

Selected special events in English, contact us if you need a ride!
-  Tuesday 8/11, 6:30pm, Medicine Buddha saddhana; 7:30pm, weekly Buddhist talk at Drepung Loseling Monastery
-   Saturday 8/15, Meditation retreat and sutta study, at Georgia Buddhist Vihara, all are welcome
-   Sunday 9/6, Dharma talk with Venerable Sunyananda in English at 4pm, at Grand Ballroom Norcross, hosted by Thien Vien Thich Thien An
-   Thursday 9/10, Introduction to Meditation and Fundamentals of Buddhism class begins, fall semester is on Thursdays at 6:30 - 8:30pm at Dharma Jewel Monastery
-   Friday 9/18 - Sunday 9/20, Vipassana Meditation Retreat with Bhante Khippapano at Kim Cang Monastery

Cultural Events in Vietnamese: Đại Lễ Vu Lan (Ullambana, a Buddhist holiday that honors our mothers and all our ancestors since time immemorial) celebration at these Buddhist temples:
8/14 - 8/16: Thien Vien Minh Dang Quang (Lawrenceville), Chua Linh Mu (Stone Mountatin), Chua Tu Lien (Snellville)
8 / 21 - 8/24: Thien Vien Huyen Khong (Lawrenceville)
8/30 : Tu Vien Kim Cang (Lithonia), Chua Hai An (Lake City)
9/6: Thien Vien Thich Thien An (Atlanta) @ Grand Ballroom (Norcross)
just a few of the dozens around town are listed above...