Emory Buddhist Club - meeting every Thursday this school year!

Hsu, Emory emory.hsu at emory.edu
Tue Aug 25 06:30:15 PDT 2015

Emory Buddhist Club
 Thursday August 27, 6 pm, Cannon Chapel room 106

Welcome Back to School! This week our teacher is Geshe Ngawang Phende from Drepung Loseling Monastery. It's his first time to our group - come out to welcome him, 8/27 @ 6pm in Cannon Chapel basement. Meditation, discussion, and tea. Everyone is welcome!
Also, we have a Facebook page! Like us: EmoryBuddhistClub<http://facebook.com/emorybuddhistclub>

[cid:b934ca60-e48d-46e0-b37e-5e81500e7bc3]

Selected other events, contact us if you need a ride or more details!
*  Mondays at 5pm: meditation group led by graduate students at Emory in the same room as us, join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/727236100755941/

*  Tuesdays: Medicine Buddha Practice (6:30pm) and Weekly Buddhist Lecture (7:30pm) at Drepung Loseling Monastery

*  this weekend: Ullambana (a major Mahayana Buddhist holiday to honor our ancestors), celebrations at a dozen Vietnamese and Chinese Buddhist temples around town - let me know if you want more info!

*  Sep 6 at 4pm: Venerable Sunyananda, an American monk ordained in Korean and Vietnamese Zen traditions, will give a talk in English at Grand Ballroom in Norcross

*  Sep 8 at 6pm: Emory University Tzu Ching (the student chapter of Tzu Chi Buddhist Foundation USA) will have its welcome meeting in White Hall 102

*  Sep 10 at 6:30pm and following Thursdays: Fall semester meditation and fundamentals of Buddhism class begins at Dharma Jewel Monastery

*  Sep 11 at 7pm, Movie Showing: Peaceable Kingdom at Atlanta Soto Zen Center -- free!

*  Sep 12; Sep 18 - 20, Vipassana Meditation Retreats at Kim Cang Monastery

*  Sep 17 at 7:30pm, Cannon Chapel 106, Chinese Buddhism introductory meeting