Emory Buddhist Club - Chan (Zen) practice this week

Hsu, Emory emory.hsu at emory.edu
Mon Feb 9 10:45:11 PST 2015

Weekly Meditation and Discussion

Thursday Feb 12
6pm at Cannon Chapel room 106

Emory Buddhist Club: This week we host Venerable Jian Sou, abbess of Dharma Jewel Monastery; her last session with us for the semester with a focus on introduction to Chan (Zen). Join us 2/12 at 6pm in Cannon Chapel basement! Light vegetarian snacks afterwards.

Happy Lunar New Year!
[https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/1609564_731708460174811_1615006399_n.jpg?oh=7d7aab2f9f17ae1d810c8615686cfa3e&oe=5592D305&__gda__=1431425330_4ec06c6f4e076b19ee380846958898d3]
Lunar New Year festivities at Kim Cang Monastery Atlanta, 2014

Some local New Year celebrations:
- Chinese New Year Guan Yin Blessing Ceremony, Sunday 2/22 at Dharma Jewel Monastery 中 台 禪 寺 美 國 亞 特 蘭 大 分 院  法 寶 寺 - 新春觀音祈福法會
- Vietnamese: Sunday 2/15 at Linh Mu Buddhist Temple (Stone Mountain), and Wednesday night 2/18 6pm-12am at various Vietnamese Buddhist temples, including Kim Cang Monastery (Lithonia), Chua Hai An (Lake City), Huyen Khong (Lawrenceville), etc

For more events, subscribe to our Google-Calendar on our website, BuddhistClub.org