Emory Buddhist Club - Meditation on Thursday

Hsu, Emory emory.hsu at emory.edu
Wed Feb 18 05:35:14 PST 2015

Weekly Meditation and Discussion

Thursday Feb 19
6pm at Cannon Chapel room 106

Emory Buddhist Club: Our leaders this week are lay practitioners from the Atlanta Soto Zen Center. Join us on 2/19 at 6pm in Cannon Chapel basement!

Last week, Venerable Jian Sou from Dharma Jewel Monastery mentioned some Chan (Zen) Koans - you can find them on Chung Tai Chan Monastery's USA website<http://ctzen.org/sunnyvale/enUS/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=4&id=52&Itemid=105>. The next 11-week long Beginner's Meditation class in English at Chung Tai's Atlanta branch, Dharma Jewel Monastery, will be on Tuesdays 6:30-8:30pm starting April 14 - if interested, please register through DharmaJewel.US, calling the temple, or replying to this email. The course is free, and you will enjoy it, money-back guarantee!

Happy Lunar New Year!
[cid:0aef4992-bc8e-4630-a703-36ac4872c197]
Chinese New Year service will be this Sunday at Dharma Jewel Monastery

Need a ride to these off-campus events? Email us!
- CNY Guan Yin Blessing Ceremony and free vegetarian lunch, Sunday 2/22 at Chung Tai Chan Monastery - Atlanta branch, Dharma Jewel Monastery
- Vietnamese New Year celebrations - lion dance, cultural performances, and prayers - tonight Wednesday 2/18 6:30pm-1:30am at various Vietnamese Buddhist temples, including Kim Cang Monastery

For more events, subscribe to our Google-Calendar on our website, BuddhistClub.org