Emory Buddhist Club - Dharma talk and meditation tomorrow

Hsu, Emory emory.hsu at emory.edu
Wed Jul 1 04:25:52 PDT 2015

Emory Buddhist Club
 Thursday July 2, 6 pm, Cannon Chapel room 106

This week we are led by Venerable Dong Hue, a nun from Kim Cang Monastery. Whether you are an experienced practitioner, or completely new or you haven't been with us in a while, join us for guided meditation, Dharma discussion, and tea. Everyone is welcome!
7/2 @ 6pm in Cannon Chapel basement

[cid:25f3734b-a023-4c36-b047-43fc52fcaf6c]
Selected Upcoming Special Events - email if you need a ride:
- Friday July 3, Saturday July 4, Sunday July 5; 9:30am - 6pm: Inauguration Ceremony at Wat Khmer Georgia by The Cambodian Buddhist Society. Traditional dance and live band on Saturday and Sunday; Mayor of Lithonia arrives on Sunday at 1:30pm with ribbon cutting ceremony at 2pm.
- Saturday July 4, meditation retreat at Kim Cang Monastery, no charge and all are welcome, 9am to 6pm
- Sunday July 5, His Holiness the Dalai Lama's 80th Birthday Celebration at Drepung Loseling Monastery: 9am Traditional Sweet rice and tea, 10am offering puja, 11am Basics of Meditation, 12pm Tibetan songs & dance, 12:30pm lunch
HHDL will be touring the United States for his 80th birthday, he will be in Texas, California, and New York this week. When His Holiness was asked what he’d like as a birthday gift, he replied that as a Buddhist monk he has no particular wishes. However, he urged people to try and engage in spiritual transformation. He said we all have the potential to do good in the world, but that we need to take action rather than just talk about it. As Buddhists, we may pray to the Buddhas and bodhisattvas, however the Buddha was clear when he said:
The Buddhas do not wash away the karma of other beings,
Nor do they remove the consequences with their hands;
They do not transmit their understanding into others' minds;
We human beings can use the potential we have to create happiness.
- July 7 & July 8, 2pm-9pm, 漢傳佛教:台灣海濤法師慈悲開示@華人僑教中心, 5377 New Peachtree Rd, Chamblee GA 30341