Emory Buddhist Club - Reminder: Meditation at 5:30pm on Thursday in Cannon Chapel

Hsu, Emory emory.hsu at emory.edu
Tue Jun 9 18:22:52 PDT 2015

Emory Buddhist Club
 Thursday June 11, 5:30 pm, Cannon Chapel room 106

Note the earlier time this week - we are led by our own graduate student in Religion, Marianne Florian. Join us for guided meditation, discussion, and a few segments from a recorded Dharma talk by Venerable Thubten Chodron, an American nun. Everyone is welcome!

Upcoming Special Events - email for more info!
Vipassana Meditation Retreat with Bhante KhippaPanno at Kim Cang Monastery
Saturday June 13th: 9am – 6pm, 4771 Browns Mill Road Lithonia, GA 30038
Free event. Vegetarian lunch provided by volunteers at no charge. Partial attendance permitted for those who cannot stay a whole day. Beginners and experienced meditators alike are invited! All are welcome.

Half-Day Meditation Retreat at Dharma Jewel Monastery
Sunday June 14, 9:30am - 12:30pm. Free, but only open to those who have previously attended our sessions. Please sign up in advance.

Georgia Buddhist Summer Camp (6/25 - 6/28)
www.georgiabuddhistcamp.com or find us on Facebook! Registration is still open.
This four day, three night summer camp is non-profit and led completely by volunteers. Registration includes all vegetarian meals, lodging in the state park air-conditioned cabins, and lots of fun activities (campfire, night telescope observatory, hiking, games, arts and crafts, meditation, and more!) This year we are pleased to have Buddhist monks and nuns hailing from several Mahayana lineages, including Venerable Ming Guang (founder and coming from Taiwan), Venerable Jin He Shi (originally from Malaysia, studied university in Australia with degree in Finance, and now a monk at City of Ten Thousand Buddhas), Venerable Jin Chuan (American, graduated from Stanford University, now at Berkeley Buddhist Monastery and Dharma Realm Buddhist University in California), Venerable Di-Hsuan (originally from Taiwan, she is now a nun working on her PhD in religion at University of Florida), and more.
Three groups: Adults (bilingual Chinese/English), teenagers (English), and children 6+ (English). [cid:fa845cfd-3ebd-4338-91d2-6d02b36aae09]