Emory Buddhist Club - Fw: Tibet Week

Raj, Aakash aakash.raj at emory.edu
Mon Mar 23 20:04:03 PDT 2015

Greetings from the Emory-Tibet Partnership,

Tibet Week 2015: Exploring Compassion begins today! ? We invite you to join us for a week full of programs celebrating Tibetan culture. Highlights of the week include the creation of a sand mandala painting by the Drepung Loseling Monks (on display everyday from 10AM-5PM). Please feel free to stop-by throughout the week to see how the mandala evolves. This year we are also offering a hands on experience where you can participate in the creation of a community sand painting. There will be daily guided CBCT meditations from 5-6 PM. No experience with meditation is necessary! In addition, we are offering a series of evening panels exploring the theme of compassion from a variety of disciplines including politics, healthcare, secular ethics, and the convergence of science and spirituality. Please see the attached schedule to learn more.

All events are in the Michael C. Carlos Museum Reception Hall (located on third floor) unless noted otherwise. All events are free and open to the public. Visitor parking is available in the Fishburne parking deck. More information about parking at Emory can be found here<http://transportation.emory.edu/parking/visitors.html>.

We hope you can join us for this exciting week of events!

Best Regards,
Marcia ?

Marcia J. Ash
Program Coordinator