Emory Buddhist Club - Yes we are meeting this week!

Hsu, Emory emory.hsu at emory.edu
Wed May 13 08:43:45 PDT 2015

Emory Buddhist Club

Thursday May 14 at 6pm, Cannon Chapel Room 106

Congratulations to our graduates again! For those around over summer, we will meet intermittently on campus. Our leader this week is our own Bill Florian. All are welcome for guided meditation, discussion, and tea, on 5/14 Thursday in Cannon Chapel basement. Note: Please be on time, due to summer hours, the exterior doors to Cannon Chapel may lock shortly after 6pm, if this is the case please send me an email (will check my phone) and we will send someone up to open the doors.

Here is our on-campus schedule for Maymester and Summer Session I:
May 14 - Bill Florian (Emory Cognitive Based Compassion Training)
May 28 - Michael Ellison (Atlanta Soto Zen Center)
June 4 - Ven. Thích Đức Tâm Sunyadana Dharma (American monk from Dharmakayaba Buddhist Association)
June 18 - Ven. Dong Hue (Kim Cang Monastery)

on the other Thursdays, Marianne or other members may be willing to take people on field trips to Drepung Loseling for Compassion Meditation - depart campus 5:30, return around 7:30pm. Please contact her or me if you are interested.

Also of note, there are sutta studies (from the Theravada / Pali Cannon) from 7 - 9pm on Wednesdays at Georgia Buddhist Vihara with Bhante Wajiribudhi.

[cid:f6299f70-a204-4793-b3ec-11fc006597eb]
Vesak (holiday to commemorate Shakyamuni Buddha's Birthday, Enlightenment, and Passing) Celebrations

Lao New Year celebration May 16-17 at Wat Lao Buddha Photisaram (Conley)
etc... just a few of the many cultural events around town!