Emory Buddhist Club - Meditation at 5:30 this Thursday! (earlier time)

Hsu, Emory emory.hsu at emory.edu
Tue May 26 06:59:25 PDT 2015

Meeting this week!

Thursday May 28 at 5:30pm (note the earlier time)
Cannon Chapel Room 106

Emory Buddhist Club: Happy Buddha's Birthday! (in the Korean, Chinese, and Vietnamese traditions, the date on the lunar calendar corresponds to May 25 this year)
 We are having our weekly guided meditation and discussion this week in our usual spot, though the time is half an hour earlier, from 5:30pm to 6:30pm. Our teacher this week is Michael Elliston and representatives from the nearby Atlanta Soto Zen Center.
Optional: for those interested, we will go get dinner together at Thaicoon (very close by) afterwards. All are welcome!

 Buddhist Events Across Atlanta:
need a ride? email me

Buddha’s Birthday Ceremony (VESAK) on Sunday May 31 at the following temples: in Vietnamese at Chua Quang Minh (Atlanta), Kim Cang Monastery (Lithonia), Thien Vien Huyen Khong (Lawrenceville), etc;

 in Thai (Visakha Puja Ceremony) at Wat Buddha Bucha (Decatur), Wat Phradhammakaya (Norcross), Wat Phramahajanaka (Griffin)

Nyung Ne - Annual Purification Intensive May 29 - June 1 at Drepung Loseling Monastery -- registration required
Taking Mahayana Precepts on Saka Dawa Celebrating Buddha Shakyamuni's Enlightenment Day Tuesday, June 2 at Drepung Loseling Monastery

[cid:3ca1af58-a2c6-485e-8195-70b9a09fa806][cid:ad4bbe13-2a5e-46a0-85b4-a51a2187b2fc][cid:bc578f0d-6f40-4315-8ca0-5e74eb086488]