Emory Buddhist Club - Meditation on Thursday!

Hsu, Emory emory.hsu at emory.edu
Tue Nov 10 11:18:46 EST 2015

Thursday November 12,  6 pm
Monday November 16,  8 am
Cannon Chapel Basement (room 106)
- Emory Buddhist Club -

Thursday Meditation:
Our teacher this week is Geshe Dadul, a beloved Tibetan Buddhist monk who is well-known to our regulars.
Please join us for guided meditation, discussion, and tea.
Everyone is welcome 11/12 @ 6pm in Cannon Chapel basement!

Monday Mornings: Start your week right with a calm and focused mind. Every Monday morning we have the room reserved 8am - 9am for self-guided meditation practice. At 8:30am, we will recite an abbreviated version of the Mahayana morning liturgy. Sincere concentrated practice will surely eradicate one's karmic obstacles, increase one's good roots, develop one's wisdom, and benefit all sentient beings.
11/16 8am - 9am: Silent Recitation (Meditation or Self-Reflection)
8:30am - 8:50 am: Morning Service (Recitation of Shurangama mantra, Great Compassion mantra, ten small mantras, Heart Sutra, and Three Refuges)

"Buddhism is an amazing religion and philosophy... I hope to continue understanding the faith more deeply." - Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, while praying at a Buddhist temple last week:

[cid:0c050d2b-af8b-4de3-a47f-68fde97b2b3f]

Community and Other Events
* Meditation Day at Kim Cang Monastery, Saturday 11/14 --  see below:

You are invited to an One-day Vipassana meditation practice at Kim Cang Monastery on Saturday, November 14th, 2015 starting from 9 AM - 6 PM.  There is no-charge for this One-day Vipassana Meditation Retreat.  The retreat will be in bilingual Vietnamese and English.

During this time, there will be guided meditation, practices of sitting and walking meditation, listen to Dharma talk, and Dharma discussion.  A vegetarian lunch will be provided.

Here is the schedule of the one-day Vipassana meditation practice:

09:00 AM - 09:15 AM            Introduction of Vipassana Meditation Practice
09:15 AM - 10:00 AM            Guided Sitting Meditation
10:00 AM - 10:50 AM            Walking Meditation
11:00 AM - 11:50 AM            Sitting Meditation
 NOON    - 01:00 PM             Lunch
01:00 PM - 01:50 PM            Walking Meditation
02:00 PM - 03:00 PM            Listen to Dharma Talk
03:00 PM - 03:50 PM            Walking Meditation
04:00 PM - 04:50 PM            Sitting Meditation
05:00 PM - 06:00 PM            Dharma discussion

You are encouraged to attend a full-day meditation practice.  However, if you are unable to attend for the entire period, you may come for any part that suits you.  If you know someone who may be interested in attending and have not received this email, please feel free to forward this message and/or invite them to this event.

Please email Nun Dong Hue at thichnudonghue at yahoo.com or call Kim Cang Monastery at the phone numbers listed below to register for the retreat.

Here is Kim Cang Monastery's address and phone contacts:
Kim Cang Monastery
4771 Browns Mill Road
Lithonia, GA  30038
(770) 322-0712
Website: mindfulnessmeditationsociety.org

We look forward to have you join us on this One-day Vipassana Meditation Practice on November 14th, 2015.  May you be well, happy and peaceful!

Much Metta,
Dong Hue