Emory Buddhist Club - Weekly Meditation Reminder this Thursday!

Hsu, Emory emory.hsu at emory.edu
Tue Sep 15 05:58:30 PDT 2015

Emory Buddhist Club
 Thursday September 17, 6 pm, Cannon Chapel room 106

Our teacher this week is Bhante Wajirabuddhi, abbot of Georgia Buddhist Vihara. He will lead us in English for guided Vipassana meditation, discussion, and tea.
Everyone is welcome 9/17 @ 6pm in Cannon Chapel basement!
(We will also have an introduction in Chinese afterwards.)
See below for meditation retreats, cultural festivals, and other weekend events.
Like us on Facebook! EmoryBuddhistClub<UrlBlockedError.aspx>

[cid:e8c33932-a268-44a3-afa1-82e8847d84fc]

"Finding Faith Today" Survey - a request from Boston University www.bu.edu/cpt/fft :

Bryan Stone, a professor, researcher, and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at Boston University School of Theology is leading an important national research project called ¡°Finding Faith Today.¡± This is research on how people come to faith as adults in the United States. Surprisingly little research has been done on this topic. Our project has a comparative interfaith component that includes those who have become adherents of all major religious traditions in the U.S.

He is seeking survey responses from adults (aged 18 and over) who have either "converted" to Buddhism or ¡°returned¡± to Buddhist faith and practice from an earlier commitment in their lives. Perhaps your story is more like an adult activation of the faith into which you were born. As you know, there are many ways people describe this journey or experience that we are here calling "finding faith.¡± The online link to that survey is www.bu.edu/cpt/fftIf you fall into that category, perhaps you might take a few moments to complete the Finding Faith Today survey. All responses will be kept completely anonymous and confidential. The online survey can also be taken in multiple languages, as persons directed to it will easily discover. While our priority is to survey recent converts or returnees, we would benefit from anyone who is willing to share their journey to Buddhist faith and practice. We trust that what we are learning about how people come to faith in our time will be helpful to religious leaders and scholars throughout the nation. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know. The success of the project depends very much on local assistance, as you can see. Without that assistance, we have no way of accessing the primary subjects of the study ¨C those who have found or returned to faith.

Selected Events: Contact us if you need a ride!
*  Sep 17 6:30pm-8:30pm and following Thursdays: Fall semester meditation and fundamentals of Buddhism class at Dharma Jewel Monastery, www.DharmaJewel.US<http://www.DharmaJewel.US>

*     Sep 20, Sart Thai Festival at Wat Buddha Bucha - homemade Thai food vendors!

*  Sep 18 - 20, Vipassana Meditation Retreat with visiting master Bhante KhippaPanno at Kim Cang Monastery  -- please register in advance if you are staying overnight. Partial attendance also permitted.

*  Sep 17 at 7:30pm, Cannon Chapel 106, Chinese Buddhism °£Ä¬Àï´óѧ»ªÒẺ´«·ð½Ì·ðѧÉç »¶Ó­»á