Emory Buddhist Club - Meet Thursday, also Dharma Jewel's Zen Meditation Course begins this Thursday, and Write a Thank You to our Teachers!

Hsu, Emory emory.hsu at emory.edu
Tue Apr 26 08:42:36 EDT 2016

Guided Meditation and Dharma Talk
Thursday! Our last week of the regular school year!

[cid:0a46bef1-8105-4440-883f-a2b70877a17f]
Our teacher this week is Geshe Dadul, resident monk of Drepung Loseling Monastery and faculty with the Emory-Tibet Partnership. Hope you can join us for our weekly guided meditation and Buddhist talk, followed by tea!

It's our LAST WEEK of the regular school year, so come out! (Don't worry, for those around, we will continue to meet every single Thursday even during summer!)

Join Us
Thursday, April 28th
New? Everyone is welcome!

Time
6:00 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.

Location
Emory University
Cannon Chapel Basement

Write a big THANK YOU to all of our teachers from this year! Fill out a card in person or send an electronic message here:
http://goo.gl/forms/GSugiVuNQ1<http://goo.gl/forms/GSugiVuNQ1)>

On-Campus and Off-Campus Events

Michael C. Carlos Museum at Emory "Doorway to an Enlightened World: The Tibetan Buddhist Shrine Collection"
http://carlos.emory.edu/visit/calendar
Free admission to the museum with Emory ID!
Tibetan Shrine Lecture: Tuesday April 26, 7:30pm, free, Reception Hall
In a lecture titled Ranks, Roles, and Wrath: The Typology of Wrathful Deity Images in Tibetan Buddhist Art, Rob Linrothe, associate professor in the Department of Art History at Northwestern University, will discuss various categories of wrathful deities in Tibetan Buddhism, primarily using examples still in situ in Tibet and neighboring regions. These include male and female guardians, enlightened protectors, and tutelary deities, each with separate though sometimes overlapping functions that are reflected in their formal appearance as well as in the context or location in which they are placed.
--------------------
Prayer Vigil
Wednesday April 27th, 6:30 - 7:30pm,
Georgia State Capitol Building
Daniel Lucas is a death row inmate scheduled to be executed on Wednesday. Daniel is a practicing Tibetan Buddhist. His attorney, has reached out to the Emory Buddhist Club to see if some of our members might be able to attend the prayer vigil on Wednesday at the Capitol, and possibly lead some Buddhist prayers (since otherwise there might only be Christian prayers). If you are interested in attending, and would like additional information... or if you would like to go, but need help with transportation, please contact Bill Florian: bill at pandf.org (678) 653-1626.

Meditation and Fundamentals of Buddhism Class at Dharma Jewel Monastery - Starts This Thursday!
A sequential 11-week course with beginner's guided meditation and lectures on Buddhist principles and their application to daily life. Every Thursday from 6:30 to 8:30pm, beginning 4/28. No charge! www.dharmajewel.us<http://www.dharmajewel.us>
Dharma Jewel Monastery of Atlanta<http://www.dharmajewel.us/>
www.dharmajewel.us
Dharma Jewel Monastery, Zen Buddhism Center in Atlanta, Georgia

?????????? - ???
??????? ???
4/30 - 7/9 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm

Summer 2016 Buddhist Programs
In English - meditation retreats, temple stays, and more! Applications due soon for some of them!
Dharma Realm Buddhist University Extension (California): 5/28 - 6/4, www.drbux.org<http://www.drbux.org>
Hsi Lai Temple (California): 6/12 - 7/26, http://www.hsilai.org/en/events/hlcpFull.php
Woodenfish Humanistic Buddhism Program (China): 7/1 - 7/28, www.woodenfish.org<http://www.woodenfish.org>
City of Ten Thousand Buddhas (California): 7/16 - 7/24, www.drbu.org/events/summer-guan-yin-retreat<http://www.drbu.org/events/summer-guan-yin-retreat>

11-week Meditation and Buddhism Course
begins this Thursday at Dharma Jewel Monastery!
[cid:aca126a7-405a-4642-96c1-8f677bec4ad7]
Emory Buddhist Club
Thursdays at 6pm | Like us on Facebook and OrgSync
Cannon Chapel 106 (Free Parking in Peavine lot, 27 Eagle Row)