Emory Buddhist Club - Meeting upstairs for meditation in the chapel this week

Hsu, Emory emory.hsu at emory.edu
Tue Aug 16 07:01:52 EDT 2016

Guided Meditation and Dharma Talk
Thursday with Emory Buddhist Club

[cid:2d101885-e3b4-4c73-a370-8143fae12a07]
Our teacher this week is Venerable Dong Hue, a nun coming to us from Kim Cang Monastery (pictured above). All are welcome to come out for meditation and a talk. This week we are meeting in the same building (Cannon Chapel) but upstairs in the main sanctuary/chapel on the top floor.

Join Us
Thursday August 18
6pm

Location
Cannon Chapel Sanctuary
(upstairs -- note the room change for this week)

Public Buddhist Teaching:
"Immeasurable Love"
Tuesday 8/16 at 7:30pm, at Drepung Loseling Monastery
with Geshe Ngawang Phende

Study Away for the Fall Semester:

Living the Practice - Two Months on a Buddhist Campus
Check out this short-term immersion program, October - December 2016, at Dharma Realm Buddhist University on the 750 acre campus of the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas in northern California: http://www.drbux.org/living-the-practice-2016.html<http://www.drbux.org/living-the-practice-2016.html>
[http://www.drbux.org/uploads/6/3/3/1/6331706/cv8c6477.jpg?286]<http://www.drbux.org/living-the-practice-2016.html>

Living the Practice 2016<http://www.drbux.org/living-the-practice-2016.html>
www.drbux.org
What "Living the Practice" is a two-month immersion program that enables students to engage in a lifestyle based on virtue, self-discipline, and mindfulness that includes physical exercise,...

[cid:cdecb738-c429-49b3-959a-dc805f5bfffa]

Study Buddhism in China -  Woodenfish WISE Program
This semester will be held at Long Quan Temple in Shanxi Province, China.
Woodenfish programs are transformational. They focus on deep personal exploration, collaborative scholarship and dialogue, and cultural peace training. We bring together students, scholars, members of the Buddhist community, and professionals from all walks of life. Since 2002, Woodenfish has provided innovative experiential education and scholastic engagement with the Chinese Buddhist world. We now have over 1,000 alumni worldwide, many of whom are in academia, social change, law, medicine and business.
www.woodenfish.org<http://www.woodenfish.org>

[cid:1ebca861-79de-4f93-bcf8-48a2552dbaef]

Emory Buddhist Club | Cannon Chapel: Free Parking at Peavine Lot, 27 Eagle Row