Emory Buddhist Club - Information Meeting: Elected & Non-elected Leadership for 2016-17

Florian, Marianne Parrish marianne.parrish.florian at emory.edu
Wed Mar 16 12:27:48 EDT 2016

Dear Members and Friends of Emory Buddhist Club,

We would be grateful for your attendance at either of two informational meetings tomorrow at 5:15pm and again at 7:30pm to explore Emory Buddhist Club’s upcoming leadership and volunteer needs. Just come to our regular meeting space, Cannon Chapel 106. In addition, all who are interested are invited to come to dinner in Emory Village with us as a group after the second meeting to keep the conversation going (FYI, the club not able to treat you for dinner at this time, but we will go to a moderately-priced restaurant).

As we are now officially a student organization with the College Council, we are working towards ever more formal and smooth leadership transitions. Our yearly elections are coming up, and we are also looking to incorporate more of our members into our leadership team to help keep the good work of Buddhist Club going and spread the opportunities for good karma around. ;) All are welcome to contribute to the leadership and the work of our club, and those who will be full-time Emory students next year are also eligible to run for office.

Tomorrow we will get to know one another better, discuss the club’s needs, and go over the tasks associated with officer positions. These officer tasks by no means cover all of what it takes to make the club run, so if you want to pitch in in a less formal way, please do come as well. For any who would like to run for office, we are delighted to explain that simple process to you and each of our current officers can answer questions about their experiences.

Many thanks! Until tomorrow,
Marianne Florian
Secretary, Emory Buddhist Club

PS If you are coming from Oxford campus on the Emory shuttle, we will provide you a ride back to Oxford in the evening.