Emory Buddhist Club - See you this week for meditation!

Hsu, Emory emory.hsu at emory.edu
Tue Mar 29 08:07:39 EDT 2016

Guided Meditation and Discussion
Emory Buddhist Club on Thursday!

[cid:9d626a3e-2d54-40f6-a83c-fac5a1733d72]
 Our teacher this week is Geshe Dadul Namgyal, a Tibetan Buddhist monk from nearby Drepung Loseling Monastery as well as the Emory-Tibet Partnership. Please join us for our weekly guided meditation and Buddhist talk, followed by tea!

If you would like a ride tonight (every Tuesday) to the Medicine Buddha Service (6:30pm) or Buddhist Lecture (7:30pm) at Drepung Loseling Monastery, let us know!

Also, our newly elected Emory Buddhist Club officers are listed to the right - congratulations! Even if you're not an officer, we gladly welcome your suggestions, new event ideas, etc, and you can help anytime, especially in setting up and clean up!

Join Us
Thursday, March 31st
No prior experience necessary.
Everyone is welcome.

Time
6:00 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.

Location
Emory University
Cannon Chapel Basement

Student Election Results

President: Micaela McCall

Treasurer: Roshan Modi

Secretary: Marianne Florian

Chaplains: Carson Finger, Yitong Lu, Hannah Nguyen

Advisers: Bill Florian, Kathleen Hedrick

Community Events - contact us for more info or a ride!

Qing Ming Memorial and Blessing Ceremony
??? 4/3????????. ????????????????
April 3 at Dharma Jewel Monastery, with English translation. Free vegetarian lunch. (See flyer below)

Southeast Asian New Year Celebrations
(more to be announced!)
Thai: April 10, Wat Buddha Bucha (Decatur)
Cambodian: April 16 - 17, Wat Khmer Georgia (Lithonia)
Laotian: April 23 - 24, Wat Lao Buddha Khanti (Snellville);
also 4/16-4/17 Wat Lao Buddhamoongcoon (Riverdale); 5/7-5/8 Wat Lao Buddharam Khambounheaung (Alto);
5/14 - 5/15 Wat Lao Buddha Sattha Dhamma (Baldwin); 5/28 - 5/29 Wat Lao Photisaram (Conley)

Meditation and Fundamentals of Buddhism Class
A sequential 11-week course with guided meditation and lectures on Buddhist principles and their application to daily life.
Starts Thursday April 14, 6:30pm - 8:30pm, at Dharma Jewel Monastery (Atlanta)

Buddhism and Psychoanalysis: Coming Together in Clinical Practice
with the Emory University Psychoanalytic Institute
Two Mondays 7 - 8:30pm, April 18 & April 25, free, at Drepung Loseling Monastery

[cid:bfadfbd2-16c9-432f-858d-65dc6daeb11f]