Emory Buddhist Club - Happy Lunar New Year!

Hsu, Emory emory.hsu at emory.edu
Thu Feb 15 13:40:39 EST 2018

Happy Lunar New Year!

And a reminder of our special events coming up later today (Thursday) and this weekend:

- Today at 4:30pm - 5:30pm: Ethical Choices Presentation

White Hall 103

Emory Vegan Group and Emory Buddhist Club present this talk that will change the way you think about what you eat!

What impact does our food have on the world? What are our options?

Please join us for a presentation by Lorena Mucke, CEO and Founder of the Ethical Choices Program. This non-judgmental talk will touch on modern agriculture, factory farming, healthy eating, and where our decisions come into play. You don't want to miss it!

Free and open to all. White Hall 103.

- Today at 6pm: Guided Meditation and Dharma Talk, in Cannon Chapel Sanctuary

Teacher: Tibetan Buddhist monk Geshe Phende from Drepung Loseling Monastery

- Tonight: Vietnamese New Year Celebration at Kim Cang Monastery, 7pm - 1am

- Friday through Sunday: New Year's Buddha-name Recitation at Atlanta Pure Land Association

- Saturday Feb 17: Vipassana Meditation Retreat at Georgia Buddhist Vihara, 7:30am - 5pm

- Sunday Feb 18 at 9:15am - 12:15pm: Field Trip! Chinese New Year Guan Yin Blessing Service at Dharma Jewel Monastery

All are welcome for this Chinese Buddhist ceremony (with English translation), free vegetarian lunch afterwards! Let us know if you want a ride from on or near campus.

法寶寺將於2/18星期日,上午9:30~12:00舉辦新春觀 音祈福法會, 誠摯邀請您與家人朋友一起來祈福.